The Mortgage Payment Assistance Program provides financial assistance to low to moderate income residents in six towns and unincorporated areas who have been negatively impacted by COVID-19. Eligible homeowners can receive up to six months of consecutive payments to use toward their mortgage payments including principal, interest, taxes, and insurance.
The program is available through CARES Act funding provided through the Community Block Development Grant.
To be eligible, homeowners must:
- Reside in the towns and/or unincorporated areas of the County
- Have a household income of up to 80% Area Median Income (AMI) at time of application
- Homeowners must have been current on mortgage prior to the COVID-19 hardship
- Homeowners must have a COVID-19 related loss of income or other qualifying criteria
Homeowners must also prove income loss or increased costs-related to childcare due to COVID-19 including:
- Reduction of work hours
- Job loss or furlough
- COVID-19 illness of self or immediate family member
Applications will be accepted until funds are completely used.
To apply for the Mortgage Payment Assistance Program or to review eligibility requirements, visit RampCharMeck.com or call the Mortgage Payment Assistance hotline at 704-343-4692.