Why is it, what some consider common sense, and obvious, others do not appear, concerned about, nor feel the same – way? Why are different individual’s perceptions, and apparent priorities, so, different? Have you ever wondered, why some people, seem to accept things, others believe, are fake facts? Is it any wonder, so little gets accomplished, in Congress, even, on major issues, yet, we often, reelect these people, over, and over, again? Our political realities, clearly, indicate, common sense, is, indeed, anything but, and, unfortunately, may be one of the greatest victim, of our overly, partisan political system! With, that in mind, this article will attempt to, briefly, consider, examine, review, and discuss, 5 probabilities/ considerations, for why we continue, witnessing this disparity!
1. Personal/ political agenda/ self – interest: Whether, it really is in one’s best – interest, or we merely, perceive it, as such, many Americans seem to, put their self – interest, ahead of the greater good, etc! While, each of us, is entitled to our own opinions, we aren’t allowed, our own facts (or, version of these)! Individual’s personal/ political agenda, preferences, and perceptions, etc, unfortunately, often, make different people, interpret things, differently!
2. Prejudices. biases, etc: Many people have personal prejudices, and biases, which, skew their beliefs, and versions of political realities! This, became, obvious, during the four years, of the administration of President Donald Trump, when his core supporters, and followers, appeared to accept, anything he said, whether, the actual facts/ proof, etc, indicated, otherwise! How often, did the rhetoric, vitriol, and promises, made, appear, to enable behaviors, which appear, contrary to the common good?
3. Beliefs: Many of us, have personal beliefs, and, our attitude, often, directly relates, to those, rather than what, probably, serves the overall, best – interests, of our nation, in a realistic, relevant, and sustainable manner! Too often, voters decide, who to support, based on, who, tells them, what they want to hear, rather than, informing them, of their options, and the rationale, which, indicates, the best paths – forward!
4. Options and alternatives: Rarely, is there, only one way, to proceed! Unfortunately, too often, politicians claim, only their approach, is viable, and best, rather than fully considering, all available, options and alternatives, with an open – mind!
5. Who/ what, they trust, and why?: Since, most voters, are, either, not ready, willing, and/ or, able to fully consider, a variety of approaches/ ideas, they often, support individuals, they seem to trust, and believe! While trust is an important consideration, when, this is based – on personal prejudices, biases, etc, it does not, usually, benefit, our country, or its citizens!
Wake up, America, and give yourself, a check – up, from the neck – up, and examine, why you actually, support a particular representative, rather than, merely, what you claim, your reasons are! We need public officials, who, put the best interests of all Americans, ahead of any personal/ political agenda, and/ or, self – interest!